Czech Republic


















Contact us



Established 1983


Car Rental       

We always recommend you rent a car unless you are staying in one of the major cities where a car is not only unnecessary but an expensive hindrance. In rural France and Italy public transport is often unreliable and sometimes non-existent. 

The appeal of self-catering accommodation is the freedom and independence offered, the chance to be one of the locals!  To fully realise this potential we consider a car essential, as it enables you to make day trips in all directions from your cottage or villa. Car hire is all about flexibility and choice - the following link enables you to book directly online, tailoring the car to your needs and preferences. Eurovillas' car rental for Europe is provided by DriveAway Holidays, whom we have been dealing with for many years, even participating in trade shows together! DriveAway is a trusted Australian company and all prices are shown in Aussie dollars. We have the utmost confidence in their service, you can too.

We can also arrange car leasing with either Renault or Peugeot. Our rates are very competitive. Please contact us for details.  

Hint: If you are seeking an airport depot such as the Leonardo da Vinci / Fiumicino Airport servicing Rome, select the Rome option first then the car type and the next screen will show you the depots that car is available at.  The airport may or may not be listed.  There may be a surcharge for an airport pick-up so if the exact car appears twice, but one is dearer, the dearer option is likely to be offered at the airport while the cheaper one may  not.  

Do I need an international drivers licence to drive in Europe?

Yes, you are required to hold an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in all European countries.  This is in addition to a current Australian drivers licence.  In Australia, the Government appointed the Australian Automobile Association as the only authority to issue permits. In Victoria the RACV, as a member of the AAA,  issues IDPs through RACV shops.  For other states please contact your local motoring association to enquire about IDP's.

DriveAway Excess Refund Cover

Why worry about a high damage & theft excess?

DriveAway Holidays’ new DriveAway Excess Refund Cover provides you with hassle-free extra cover when renting a car, giving you the confidence that you will not have any damage or theft excess insurance worries.

For a prepaid additional amount of AUD5 per day (AUD10 per day for Australian and New Zealand car rental), you will be covered for the damage and theft excess costs incurred locally. Should the local supplier charge you the excess amount on the vehicle, you may reclaim this charge when you return back to Australia through DriveAway Holidays.

In Step 3 of the Online Booking System, choose a vehicle with the “DriveAway Excess Refund Cover” note under the total price.

Benefits to you:

  • The price is in AUD so you don’t have to worry about any currency fluctuations.

  • DriveAway Holidays refunds in full the supplier’s damage or theft excess charges upon return to Australia*.

  • Upon returning to Australia, to claim your refund, you will be liaising with an Australian company so there won't be any language barrier.

*You may reclaim this charge providing you complete a police form and an accident report (if applicable) with the supplier when returning the vehicle; the copies of which should then be sent to DriveAway Holidays. Upon receipt of these forms, DriveAway Holidays will assess and refund accordingly following proof of charge from the car rental supplier.

Conditions apply. Not available in all countries or on all vehicles. For further details, see the Terms & Conditions section in Step 5 of the Online Booking System.